- Print your copier’s NIC page.
- Open a web browser and type the IP address found on the NIC page into the address bar at the top of the page.
- Click Network Settings on the left menu
- login as admin, the default password is…you guessed it… admin
- Click Services Settings on the left menu
- Click SMTP tab at the top
- Enter the following settings
- SMTP Server: SMTP.gmail.com
- Reply to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Port # 587
- Enable SSL
- Enable authentication – enter a gmail address and password here
- Click DNS Settings at the top, enter your DNS servers here, normally the same as your IP address but with a 1 at the end
**Gmail Update as of mid-2016**
Once you’ve completed the steps above you’ll need to be logged into your email account, and google search “less secure apps” and make sure you activate this feature or the scans will not go through.
That should do it. Add some email addresses to your address book and scan away. Keep in mind scanning to email has a file size limit – gmail’s limit is 20mb. If you’re having trouble scanning a large document, try scanning it in B&W or breaking it up into two smaller scans.