Toner Recycling Program: Stop, Drop, Recycle
As part of our commitment to helping preserve the environment, Sharp offers our customers toner recycling for all Sharp consumables that results in zero waste to landfill, including: cartridges, bottles, toner collection containers and drum units.
We encourage customers to recycle their used Sharp toner cartridges in bulk by providing a pre-paid Recycling Kit for their return to our facility. Upon registration on our recycling web site, customers will receive a recycling kit that contains 3 pre-addressed collection/shipping cartons. The carton can be conveniently placed in the customer’s mailroom or near the copier for easy collection and shipment of up to 10 used cartridges. On average, each month nine tons of used toner cartridges are kept out of landfills through our recycling efforts.
For more information on our recycling program, please visit www.sharpusa.com/recycle.
Sharp Multifunction Products (MFPs) are EPEAT® Registered
EPEAT (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool) is a 3rd party global rating system for greener electronics that requires ongoing independent verification of manufacturer claims. Businesses, government agencies, schools, hospitals and other institution are using EPEAT as the environmental benchmark to help them make informed purchasing decisions. By using EPEAT standards to purchase greener electronics, you will be supporting your organization’s environmental sustainability goals to help preserve our natural resources.
Environmentally Advanced Technologies
- Energy Star® qualified models reduce energy consumption and improve energy efficiency. All current Sharp Multifunctional Printers (MFPs) are Energy Star qualified and have a low TEC (Total Energy Consumption).
- Our MFPs utilize micro-fine toner technology, which offers a lower consumption rate than conventional toners and requires less packaging material and offers longer replacement intervals; resulting in lower operating costs.
- A built-in motion sensor automatically detects approaching users and immediately wakes the machine; saving energy when not in use while making it ready for use in seconds.
- Eco-Mode allows customers to define the days and time when the power will be turned off. Additionally, Sharp’s Auto Power Management function will automatically shutoff the copier based on usage trends.
- Automatic duplex printing is the default setting when using the default Sharp print driver with standard print media types and sizes, reducing paper consumption.
Since 2004, all Sharp Corporation production facilities have been ISO 14001 certified, ensuring the environmental management systems are in place and continual improvement if these systems occur.
- Sharp products comply with the EU RoHS (European Union Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directives for elimination of lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ethers.
Environmentally Responsible Product Design
Sharp is committed to environmental sustainability and corporate responsibility, including planning, design, manufacturing, distribution and product end-of-life management. Sharp MFPs adhere to Sharp’s Green Product Guidelines in pursuit of these commitments. These guidelines include designing products that consume less power, using recycled materials, reducing the amount of material used in products and packaging, and labeling the type of materials used. Sharp also aims to design products that are upgradeable, easy to repair and take apart for recycling. At Sharp, we strive to create both energy-saving and energy creating products and to strengthen our environmental efforts as an ongoing, company-wide endeavor. This commitment is demonstrated by our continuous efforts to help prevent pollution eliminate waste and reduce greenhouse gases to minimize the impact of our present and future activities on the environment.
Sharp Electronics Corporation is a multi-year winner of the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year award sponsored by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Energy (DOE). The ENERGY STAR Award winners were selected from among the roughly 20,000 companies and organizations that participate in the ENERGY STAR program. Additionally, Sharp was one of the 1st members of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s SmartWaySM transport Partnership program. This voluntary alliance establishes incentives for fuel efficiency improvements and reductions in greenhouse gas emissions through creating partnerships, reducing unnecessary engine idling and increasing the efficiency and use of rail and inter-modal operations. Sharp is a
multi-year winner of the “SmartWay Excellence Award”.