Sharp Email Print Function Setup Instructions
After following along with these instructions your copier will print files attached to an email received by an email account you’ve created specifically for this purpose. This is handy for people who need to print remotely to a Sharp device from outside of the network the printer is on. It’s also convenient for users who do not have the proper print drivers installed.
- Keep the email address you create for this purpose a secret! Once configured your copier will print any attachment that this email account receives.
- Your Sharp printer requires the Post Script option in order to print PDFs via Email Print. Certain models can also print Word, Excel, PowerPoint and TIFF/JPEG files. If you are curious if your model has Post Script leave a comment below.
This is a 3 part process. Before you begin you will need your machine’s IP address. Here are instructions on how to print this information from your Sharp copier.
Part 1: Create your Email Account
- Create a Gmail Account – make sure you jot down the password, you’ll need it later
- From the Gmail Inbox, click the Settings Button, then click Settings from the drop-down menu
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- In the POP Download section click the Enable POP for all mail button
- Change the When messages are accessed with POP drop-down menu to Delete Gmail’s Copy
- Click Save Changes
- Now, while still logged into the Gmail account you’ve created, go to https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps and change the slider to the ON position to allow less secure apps
Part 2: Configure the Sharp Printer with Gmail POP Settings to print Email Attachments
- Open the web page of the Sharp printer by typing the IP address from your configuration page into the address bar of a web browser
- Click the System Settings tab
- Click Printer Settings
- Click E-mail Print Settings on the left menu
- The settings are as follows:
- Email Print : Enabled
- POP3 Server: pop.gmail.com
- Port Number: 995
- POP Authentication: Unchecked
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (the gmail account you created)
- Password: enter the password for the gmail account you created
- Check Interval: 1 minute
- Enable SSL: Checked
- Click Submit – after you click Submit you can execute the connection test to make sure it succeeds.
Part 3: Printing via Sharp Email Print
- Open a new email and address it to the gmail account you’ve created
- Attach the file you would like the machine to print
- If your email signature has an image in it this image will be printed in addition to the attachment unless you change the email from HTML to Plain Text – in Outlook this is under the Format Text tab
- Send the email
At this point after a 1 minute delay the Sharp printer should print the file attached to the email you sent to the gmail account you created. This concludes the setup instructions!
Skelton Business Equipment is the premier Sharp copier dealer in Houston, TX. We sell, lease, and service Sharp copiers across the entire Greater Houston area. Please contact us today for a free quote tailored to your office’s workflow.