Often times our customers print on heavier paper types for presentations, marketing pieces, etc. We’ve put these instructions together to help guide you through the process of printing on heavy paper, card-stock, and generally any thicker stocks that you want to run through your Sharp copier/printer/scanner.
- Open the document you wish to print and click File > Print
- Make sure the correct printer is selected, then click Properties
- Click the Paper Source tab, then choose the type of paper you’ll be printing on, then click OK, then click Print. *NOTE: use the note on the right side of the window to help you decide which Heavy Paper option to choose.
- Walk to the Sharp printer. You’ll see a message that says “Load 8 1/2 x 11 paper. (Type: Heavy Paper 1), touch OK to dismiss this message.
- Touch Tray Settings
- Touch the type button under Bypass Tray
- Choose the same type of paper here that you chose in the Sharp print driver, then touch the upper OK button. *NOTE: this window will automatically launch when paper is added to the bypass tray on newer Sharp models
At this point the paper should be pulled into the machine, and your document will print on the desired paper type. This procedure can be used for pre-printed paper, recycled paper, letterhead, pre-punched, color paper, embossed paper, transparencies, and more. If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment below.