How To Empty Your Sharp Waste Toner Box:
After you’ve been using your Sharp copier/printer/scanner for a while, you’ll get a message that reads like the image below, “The waste toner box will be needed soon. (Prepare a new one.)”
This occurs when the waste toner box is full of the discarded excess toner from the printing process. In order to keep the prints nice and clean, the machine wipes the internals clean and deposits the toner into this box. It’s very simple to empty, although it can be messy if you’re not careful.
Follow these instructions to empty the waste toner box so you can resume regular printing activity.
- Open the front cover
- Push the green rectangular button above the black box to eject the waste toner collector
- Slide the box out of the machine, it comes out at an angle
- Hold the box parallel to the ground, and take it outside with a lined trash can
- While still holding it level with the ground, pop the white plug off the bottom of the box using a flat object(flat-head screwdrivers work well for this)
- SLOWLY lower the box into the trash bag, then tilt it to start dumping the toner
- Gently shake the box to free up the packed toner, continue to dump it until it’s empty
- Wipe off the box with a DRY paper towel and reinsert it into your Sharp printer
Skelton Business Equipment delivers a spare Sharp waste toner box with every color copier in Houston. If you have a spare, empty box, just swap it out and place the full one in a trash bag so one of your technicians can empty it for you on their next visit. If you need to purchase an additional Sharp waste toner box you can request one from our supply request page. They ARE NOT included with your maintenance and toner contract.