How To Replace Empty Staple Cartridge on Sharp Copier / Printer
This procedure demonstrates how to replace an empty staple cartridge on a Sharp copier/printer/scanner. Namely the MX-SCX1 staples found in the finishers on the new Sharp advanced and essential series(models listed below).
- Open the front cover on the finisher
- Pull down lightly on the green tab to release the staple cartridge.
- Note: the cartridge will not be available to grab until it is completely empty. There is no sensor to tell you when it’s getting low on staples, so if you do a lot of stapling it’s a good idea to have a spare set. You can order them from us.
- Pinch the empty clear plastic cartridge on the arrows that point upward and remove the empty box, discard/recycle, leaving the chassis empty for the new cartridge
- Insert the full, new cartridge into the chassis the until it clicks into place
- Insert the chassis with the new MX-SCX1 cartridge back into the finisher with the green tab facing towards the front of the machine
- Close the front cover on the finisher
- Test the stapling feature to make sure it staples properly
- Sometimes it shoots a few blanks to advance the new sheet of staples to the front of the chassis
These instructions pertain the internal finishers (MX-FN27) and external finisher (MX-FN28, MX-FN29) which are compatible with the following Sharp models:
Skelton Business Equipment is a Gold Certified Premier Sharp dealer, the #1 Sharp copier dealer in Houston. We are a service oriented company who strive to meet every expectation of our customers and business partners. If you’re looking to replace and old Xerox, Konica Minolta, or Canon copier, you should consider an award-winning Sharp. The customization of the 10.1 inch touch screen display makes the Sharps very simple to operate! Contact us today.