Sharp User Control with Printing Exception – Printing will not require a code or username and password
We are often asked if our Sharp copier/printer/scanners can be locked out for copying/scanning only. Basically our users want to make sure a stranger cant walk in off of the street and use their copier, but they don’t want to restrict their users who are printing from computers. Here are instructions on how to do that.
First thing’s first, make sure you have setup and enabled your user control. Please consult these instructions first, then return to this page once you have your user control setup.
Begin Here if your User Control is already Enabled
- Open your copier’s web page by typing the IP address into the address bar of a web browser. Click on “Administrator Login”
- Enter your admin password and click Login
- Click the User Control tab, then click Default Settings on the left menu. Scroll down and make sure “Disabling of Printing by Invalid User is UNCHECKED. If it is checked, un-check it and click Submit at the top of the page.
- Click User List on the left menu of the User Control tab
- Scroll down and change the Authority Group of the Other User to Admin, then click Submit at the top of the page.
At this point the Sharp will display the Login screen and require a code/username and password at the touch panel, but it will not require a login/code for printing from computers.
Skelton Business Equipment is a premier Sharp dealer located in Houston, TX. We provide the most timely and thorough copier service in the greater Houston area. We can sell/lease copiers nationwide to all of your locations, and hook you up with a local service provider. Skelton specializes in streamlined billing for customers with multiple locations looking to cut down on their paper trail. Contact us today for a custom-tailored quote for your office equipment needs. We often save new customers at lease 15-20% on their printing spending.