- Have your banner paper prepared. We order 11 x 300ft rolls of 20lb bond from Archive Supplies. You’ll need to cut the paper to 40 inches long since the machine cannot cut it off of the roll.
- Have a current generation Sharp printer. If you are unsure if your model will print banners, contact us.
- Execute simulation 26-50 to enable “long size print” by changing the 0 to a 1. Your Sharp servicing dealer can step you through this process. If you’re in Houston, we’d be happy to help.
Video of Procedure on How To Print Banners on Sharp Printer:
Step-by-step instructions on How To Print Banners on Sharp Printer
Prepare your Sharp printer.
- Open the Tray Settings menu
- Touch the type box under the Bypass label
- Move to the size tab, touch Direct Entry
- Set the dimensions for AB (Y = 297mm) (X=1016mm) then touch EXECUTE.
- Confirm that your see “X1016 Y297” on the Size Tab, then Touch the top OK box
Go ahead and load your pre-cut 40 inch banner into the bypass tray.
Prepare your banner in Microsoft Publisher:
- Open Microsoft Publisher and choose the New on the left, click More Blank Page Sizes
- Click Create new page size
- Name the size you’re creating, we are calling this 40 Inch Banner. Set the width to 40, height to 11. Make sure the layout type stays on One page per sheet. Click OK.
- Double click on the name of the banner under the Custom area
- Design your banner within Publisher
- Go to File > Print, click Printing Preferences, go to the Paper Tab, choose Long Paper from the Paper Size drop-down menu, click Custom, set the size to Width = 279mm, Height = 1016mm. Click OK.
- In the Publisher print menu, change the Layout to One Page per sheet
- Click Print.
At this point the Sharp printer will feed the banner into the machine and come out completed at the other end.